Longevity research is the study of ways to increase the human lifespan, and has been a growing area of interest in recent years. Many companies and organizations are now involved in this field, with some of the top companies being:
- Calico: A Google-funded research and development company that focuses on the biology of aging and diseases associated with aging. The company aims to develop therapies that will help people live healthier lives for longer.
- Unity Biotechnology: A biotechnology company that is working on developing therapies to target the underlying mechanisms of aging, in order to treat age-related diseases such as osteoarthritis.
- Juvenescence: A drug development company focused on developing therapies to increase human healthspan, which is the period of life during which an individual is healthy and able to function independently.
- BioAge Labs: A research-driven biotech company that aims to identify novel drug targets and biomarkers of aging, with the goal of developing drugs that will increase human healthspan.
- Insilico Medicine: A company that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning to study the aging process, with the goal of identifying novel drugs and biomarkers that can be used to increase human lifespan.
- Metacrine: A biotechnology company developing therapeutics to treat metabolic and liver diseases, with a focus on improving the healthspan.
There are many companies that are involved in longevity research and this is a list of interesting companies that are doing groundbreaking work. Some of the work in this field is still in the early stages of development and these companies and others like them are making significant strides in understanding the biology of aging and developing therapies to extend human lifespan and improve human healthspan.