Neck rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure designed to address the signs of aging in the neck area. As we age, the skin on our neck becomes less elastic and can develop wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging. Neck rejuvenation can help improve the appearance of the neck, giving a more youthful and revitalized look.
There are several procedures and products that can be used for neck rejuvenation, and the best one for you will depend on your individual needs and goals.
Popular Options for Neck Rejuvenation
- Neck Lift: A neck lift is a surgical procedure that involves removing excess skin and tightening the underlying muscles in the neck. This can help eliminate sagging skin and create a more defined jawline.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that can be used to remove excess fat from the neck area. This can help reduce the appearance of a double chin and improve the overall contour of the neck.
- Botox: Botox is a non-surgical option that can be used to relax the muscles in the neck and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This procedure is also commonly referred to as the Nefertiti lift and defines the jawline and upper neck. The results last 3-6 months and needs repeating to maintain results
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers such as Sculptra(by Galderma) or High Dilution Radiesse(by Merz) can be used to add volume to the neck area and improve the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin.
- PDO Neck lift: For neck rejuvenation, a combination of smooth and barbed PDO threads are often used. The smooth threads are placed in a mesh-like pattern to stimulate collagen production and provide a subtle lift, while the barbed threads are used to lift and tighten the skin. During the procedure, the threads are inserted into the skin using a very fine needle. The threads are then gently pulled to lift and tighten the skin. The procedure is relatively quick and can be performed under local anesthesia.
- Laser Resurfacing: Laser resurfacing by lasers such as CO2 or Erbium can be used to remove damaged skin cells and stimulate collagen production, which can help improve the texture and tone of the skin on the neck. THese treatments do require some downtime and are best done in the fall or winter months as it is important to stay out of the sun.
- Skin Care Products: Some skin care products improve the look of the neck and help maintain results after surgery laser or botox. Some products our panel of experts like are Revision Nectifirm Advanced Cream and Obagi Elastiderm Neck and Decollete Cream.
It’s important to note that neck rejuvenation procedures are typically not covered by insurance, as they are considered elective cosmetic procedures. However, many clinics and providers offer financing options to help make the procedures more affordable.
If you’re considering neck rejuvenation, it’s important to choose a qualified and experienced provider who can help you achieve your desired results while minimizing the risks of complications. Be sure to schedule a consultation to discuss your goals and explore your options.
This article contains affiliate links that Cure for Aging may receive compensation if a purchase is made but this doesn’t come at any additional cost to the purchaser. Affiliate agreements don’t influence product recommendations and you should check with your doctor before trying a new product.